Here are ten of the historically significant ICOs:
- EOS (EOS) – EOS raised over $4 billion during its ICO, making it one of the most substantial ICOs ever. EOS aims to provide a decentralized blockchain platform for the development and execution of decentralized applications (dApps).
2. Telegram (GRAM) – Telegram’s ICO raised approximately $1.7 billion. Telegram is a messaging app that planned to create its blockchain platform, the Telegram Open Network (TON), and the Gram cryptocurrency.
3. Petro (PTR) – Venezuela’s government launched the Petro ICO and claimed to have raised around $735 million. The Petro was supposed to be backed by the country’s oil reserves.
4. Dragon (DRG) – The Dragon ICO raised about $320 million. Dragon sought to provide a blockchain-based platform for the gaming industry, including virtual currencies and gambling.
5. Huobi Token (HT) – Huobi, one of the major cryptocurrency exchanges, raised approximately $300 million during its ICO for the Huobi Token, which is an integral part of the Huobi ecosystem.
6. HDAC (HDAC) – The Hyundai Digital Asset Company (HDAC) ICO raised around $258 million. HDAC aims to provide a platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M transactions using blockchain technology.
7. Filecoin (FIL) – Filecoin’s ICO raised over $257 million. Filecoin seeks to create a decentralized storage network where users can buy and sell storage space.
8. Bancor (BNT) – The Bancor ICO raised approximately $153 million. Bancor is a decentralized liquidity network that enables users to convert between different tokens without the need for a traditional exchange.
9. Tezos (XTZ) – Tezos raised around $232 million during its ICO. Tezos aims to be a self-amending blockchain platform with a strong focus on governance and security.
10. Status (SNT) – The Status ICO raised about $108 million. Status is an open-source mobile app that acts as a gateway to interact with decentralized applications (dApps) on the Ethereum blockchain.